- NCAE formed in 1970. Almost 50 years strong.
- NCAE Memberships and drives.
- Sit-ins and Walk-ins.
- Decline to Sign.
- Court Cases Won on Behalf of public teachers.
- We ❤ Public Schools.
- Wearing Red on Wednesdays.
- Students Deserve More March.
- Moral Mondays.
- 2016 Election for a pro-public education governor.
- May 16th.
- 2018 Elections to break veto-proof majorities.
- And every conversation between a public school teacher or staff member with another public school teacher or staff member or even a community member to let them know what positive impacts public schools have in our communities.
And now it is 2019 and as important as ever.
If you are an NCAE member or a public school advocate, then consider coming to a regional meeting of the Respect For Public Education Initiative.
A day of connecting, learning, and collective planning to win the public schools our students deserve led by the North Carolina Association of Educators for all public school educators, students, parents, and community supporters – 10 AM to 4 PM .
o January 19th→ Raleigh
o January 26th→ Asheville
o February 2nd→ Charlotte and Greenville
And if you are planning on attending, please fill out the this Google Form to help organizers prepare.
Advocacy started many years ago. It is still going. And it will get stronger in 2019.