Mark Johnson gave us a lot of iPads and talk about “personalized learning.”
Catherine Truitt is pushing for Plan A and spending money on standardized tests to measure “learning loss.”
Here’s a list of things that really should be done before this state begins to “fully” reopen schools again.
- Lead with Leandro.
- Put a nurse in every public school.
- Put at least one reading specialist per grade in each school.
- Put a social worker in each school.
- Make all school meals free for students.
- Invest in more professional development.
- Include teachers in discussions about how to improve teaching and learning.
- Restore graduate degree pay.
- Restore due-process rights for teachers.
- Pass a statewide school bond for construction and renovation of school buildings.