Remember when Mark Johnson bought all those iPads with six million dollars that magically appeared?
It could have:
- Funded 120 reading specialists for the school year at low-performing schools ($50k per).
- Funded Governor’s School for a few years.
- Covered the budget cut at DPI this year.
- Funded a full restoration of Teacher Fellow Program for a while.
- Funded teacher assistant positions around the state for the school year.
- Funded professional development for the school year around the state.
- Bought textbooks.
- Funded bus drivers in many areas where teacher assistants are having to cover routes.
- Bought other more pressing school supplies that teachers buy themselves for classroom use.
- Funded more school psychologists.
- Funded more school nurses.
- Covered student lunch money debt